• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Good food for workout and helthly living

dd2bj

Greenlighter
I'm deciding to be sober as long as possible. I have been doing pills and other drugs recreation purposes for the last 5 years. Im wondering how long will it take before i get to my old self again.

What are some good foods to be putting into my system at this point. I just had a workout but do not have a good diet goin on. I can go to the ggrocery and buy whatever i need so can someone direct me to a diet

don't eat any food that comes in a sealed box. Beverages such as local/organic/grassfed milk, soy milk, and berry drinks are ok. Otherwise, get a rice cooker to prepare whole grains and steamed vegetables. Source your protein from beans and cruelty free meat or eggs. Eat local produce and consider growing your own in a garden or pots. Mix in some yoga or other joyful exercise and you'll be better than ever soon.

good luck!

ok im getting me a yoga video or two right now.

I was wondering whats a good cheese i could grate for my salads. Im thinking dicing some tomatoes seedless and i need a good cheese.

Also im wondering whats some good pastas and carb foods because i can cook some hamburgers and fish and other meats good.

Last edited:
haha +1 mehm (imo steaming takes all the nutrients out of food but everyone likes to argue...)

one simple word: balance.

Keep a garden. Eat a varied diet. Eat lots of vegetables and healthy proteins. Start cooking. Do your chores with vigor and keep a clean, organized room. Shave even if you are home alone, smell good for yourself.

Invest in yourself, in terms of food, time, meditation, happiness.

Keep things flowing through you by exercise, chewing food well, and making a good "mix" of food (oil, fiber, etc.)-- this is important! Do not let things stagnate within you, remember that every resource-- even "good" food-- is pollution if it doesn't flow through, in the same way that nutrients to the soil become smelly and pest-infested if they are not mixed properly or accumulate faster than they can decompose.

The most important thing is be happy-- with a clear mind and keen relationship with your body. Listen to your body. It will tell you what is healthy for you and what good health is. Don't hit yourself on your head for setbacks-- just take the whole experience in and remind yourself why being "on track" is better.

You know you hit on a sustainable health routine for yourself when you can apply the philosophy to your work, your attitude towards others, and your views on the world. Then you can stop counting calories and start living :)

Good luck!

^ agreed, except that part about shaving when home alone because i just don't like that part :(

fuck all this hippy shit dude

im in the same situation

eggs for breakfast. i usually do about 5 (that 35 grams of protein). if you are working out hard you need about 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight

lunch - i usally do pb and j on wheat bread and a protein bar (you get maybe another 35-40 g protein here)

what i have been doing is buying boneless skinless chicken breasts and cooking 5 or 6 of them at a time on the stove in a skillet and eating those if i need a snack

snack on fruit as well (an apple will fill you up surprisingly), a banana, i buy fruit bowls with grapes and pineapple cantaloupe and honey dew melon. eat that

eat lots of lean meats, flank steak, steak, deer meat, etc

snack on beef jerkey too, lots of proteins

i also buy protein powder and take 2 scoops in the morning, 2 at night, and sometimes 2 in the afternoon if my diet is no good

drink LOTS of water. LOTS. like a gallon.

buy good cereal and 2% milk, eat that (i eat go lean crunch, 9g of protein plus u get 8g from the milk).

dont drink soda, dont eat sugars (candy, etc), exercise 4-5x a week, sleep good, eat right, BE PRODUCTIVE, and you will be back to normal in less than 8 weeks

oh, and spend your time on NON drug sub forums, stop reading about getting high or helping others to do so (i dont even go into other drugs any more, steroids is the only one i do)

if u need a workout schedule i can help you out. work out hard and right.

^ agreed, except that part about shaving when home alone because i just don't like that part :(

Yep, I probably wouldn't either if I were male, seeing how my dad's beard can be wild beyond management.

What about just keeping your beard clean and free of food particles ;)

To the OP (about good cheeses), go to a cheese tasting. Cheese is a highly subjective thing, don't even listen to "cheese experts". Try to get some without annatto coloring or made with "live" milk (not pasteurized)-- makes all the flavor difference.

ok im getting me a yoga video or two right now.

I was wondering whats a good cheese i could grate for my salads. Im thinking dicing some tomatoes seedless and i need a good cheese.

Also im wondering whats some good pastas and carb foods because i can cook some hamburgers and fish and other meats good.

Feta, parmesan and creamy blue cheeses like roquefort all work very well on salads. Feta is probably the best in my opinion.